..."Are you serious?" Those are the words my 11 year old daughter uttered with eyes wide open when we told her that we were taking our family to Disneyland for Spring Break. My five year old son heard what we said, was happy for a split second and then went back to the five year old, ask a million random questions routine.
Then I began to think about the excitement of Disneyland. Why is it that I am as excited on the inside as the kids are on the outside? Disneyland is supposed to be the happiest place on earth. And while that is debatable, I know from experience that it can be a really stress free place to be. Furthermore, you can feel like you did when you were a kid...and that my friends IS magical and exciting to anticipate!
I have learned as I have grown that wishing on a star does NOT always make your dreams come true. For example, I have never had a grapevine appear growing into my window, my parents have never won the lottery or bought me a puppy, and the boy I was SURE I was in love with never asked me out. All things I wished for on a star.
However, the act of wishing on a star brings that same "Disney-esque" magic to your heart. For a second, albeit fleeting, you feel the genuine hope that your wish might come true.
I can't wait to escape reality with my two favorite kids in the world and their Daddy, to a land filled with my childhood memories and theirs.
Praising God tonight for the ability to take this trip, and for the memories that are we are destined to make.

No comments:
Post a Comment